Most personal injury victims typically act defensively to protect their companion(s) (particularly if a child is present during the incident) and themselves, as well as being a reaction or common mechanism during such an accident.

Being easily dazed, afraid or dazed due to the shock of the event is normal after the incident, however, both the aggressor and the injured may make hasty decisions such as fleeing, using offensive words without understanding the fact, or carrying out violent actions that they only add to the tension in the situation and further complicate matters.

Online portals such as Medlineplus mention that more than 400,000 people report personal injuries each year in the US, with California being one of the states where these complaints are most frequently filed, especially for burns, sprains, fractures, animal bites, dislocations and bruises.

What is the best way to approach a personal injury situation?

Although in most cases, it is the aggressor who is to blame, we must be reasonable. Suppose you, for example, were walking as a pedestrian, and the traffic light still did not allow you to cross. In that case, the accident is, in part, your fault, because you did not wait for the right moment to cross the street or avenue following traffic regulations of California.

Once you understand that you could also have been the cause of the event, and after receiving medical attention together with your companions (if you had any), take a few minutes to calmly think about the situation and talk to the person who caused the incident.

If you believe that the person is not reasonable in reaching an agreement, or that their intention is not to find possible solutions to what happened, avoid confrontation or unnecessary discussion. Gather the evidence you deem appropriate once you receive medical attention, and go or call a local institution where you can file your complaint.

If you think you need a lawyer before that, consult the one you consider appropriate and listen carefully to the options offered to you, and then take the appropriate legal action. If the accused or aggressor is aware of what has happened and wants to help you, receive all the support that this person is willing to provide, including transfer to a hospital, spending on medicines, or therapy sessions. However, remember not to sign agreements or accept compensation until you have the legal advice you need and are comfortable with the proposed solution.

When should I file a personal injury lawsuit in California?

If you or someone close to you believes you have been a victim of:

– A defective product

– A vehicular accident as a driver of a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or simply as a pedestrian

– Medical negligence

– Premises liability

– A dog bite

– Exposure to chemicals or toxic agents

And you have a way to prove what happened with witnesses or evidence; you have the right to present your case to the local authorities and ask for legal advice to improve your situation or that of your loved ones, whether they have suffered temporary or permanent, some physical or psychological harm.

What should I do if I need legal assistance?

First, remember to ask as many questions as you need to answer all your questions regarding your complaint. Then, if possible, write them down or write them down before calling or contacting a lawyer.

If there is already a proposal to settle with the aggressor or cause of the accident, avoid being hastily convinced and listen to what your potential lawyer has to tell you before signing a document or receiving any monetary compensation.

If you prefer to go to trial because the agreement presented to you is insufficient or does not meet your expectations, mention it to your legal representative and discuss whether that possibility is viable or correct, taking into account the context and how the event occurred.

For more information, do not hesitate to contact us if you think you require our services as a legal firm. On the other hand, if the presented content seems helpful to others, share it, or don’t forget to support it on social networks!


(877) 834-1311